Do sponsors pay athletes and/or cover the cost of race entries?
The ambassadorships managed by Active.com are typically un-paid (unless otherwise stated) and target the amateur athlete (versus the pro). Race entries will not be covered. Instead, ambassadors are screened and selected based on events and activities that they are already scheduled to participate in. This is why keeping your profile complete and current is so important.
The benefits to ambassadors vary but often include the following:
- Opportunity to be part of a team. Meet, train and race with like-minded athletes in your community
- Pride and encouragement that comes with sponsor affiliation
- High quality branded training and gear
- Free product from the sponsor
- Product offers and discounts
- Discounted products from Active.com (Active Trainer, Active Advantage)
The benefits offered in each program are always included in the ambassadorship details. Be sure to thoroughly read the benefits and requirements of each opportunity before submitting your profile for consideration.« Back